Ways to Pray For Your City This AugustAug 01, 2022
Please partner with other believers in prayer for your city by taking time to pray through this passage and apply it to the areas of need in your life and community. Feel free to print and distribute this prayer guide as needed.
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. – Philippians 1:9-11
Lord, let this prayer be true of us, our families, and our communities. We approach Your throne with confidence asking…
... That our love would abound still more and more...
- In our relationship with Jesus.
- In every family in our communities.
- Between the churches in our city.
... That our education leaders would have knowledge and discernment.
- Give them your wisdom as they begin the school year.
- Bless every teacher as they prepare for their students.
- Provide for the needs of our students as they return to class.
... That our education system would approve what you call excellent.
- Build strong church-school partnerships that strengthen families in every school in our community.
- Help our educators to lead with excellence in your sight.
- Raise up young leaders who set an example in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.
... That our schools would be filled with the fruit of righteousness.
- Bring healing and restoration to struggling families.
- Provide godly mentors for every student in need.
- Equip our churches to be a strong resource for our schools.
... That You would revive us.
- Pour out your spirit on every school campus in our city.
- Send revival to the children and youth ministries in our churches.
- Capture the next generation with your abounding love.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!
Get Direct Resources!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.