Ways to Pray For Your City This NovemberNov 14, 2022
Please partner with other believers in prayer for your city by taking time to pray through this passage and apply it to the areas of need in your life and community. Feel free to print and distribute this prayer guide as needed.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. – 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Lord, let this prayer be true of us, our families, and our communities. We approach Your throne with confidence asking…
... That our nation would look to Jesus as our greatest hope.
- Forgive us for when we have sought you as a last resort.
- Align us with your redemptive perspective as we pray.
- Raise up an unprecedented movement of extraordinary prayer among our churches.
... That you would bless our newly elected leaders.
- Fill them with the knowledge of God and your abounding love.
- Give them wisdom to lead with righteousness and justice.
- Reveal to them the hope of the calling that you have given them.
... That you would heal the division in our land.
- Heal the wounds that have polarized our nation.
- Help us to overcome our divisions with the love of Jesus.
- Bring our churches together as an example of hope.
... That you would receive your desire.
- Draw multitudes into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bring our nation to the knowledge of your truth.
- May our nation be blessed to be a blessing to the world.
... That you would revive us!
- Fill our nation with the knowledge of the glory of God.
- Soften the hearts of our nation’s leaders to your word.
- May we declare your goodness as a light to the nations.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!
Get Direct Resources!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.