Please partner with other believers in prayer for your city by taking time to pray through this passage and apply it to the areas of need in your life and community. Feel free to print and distribute this prayer guide as needed.
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe according to the working of his great might. – Ephesians 1:16-19
Lord, let this prayer be true of us, our families, and our communities. We approach Your throne with confidence asking…
… That we would never cease to give you thanks.
- Thank you for your provision and call on our lives.
- Help us to overcome discouragement with gratitude.
- Make gratitude the natural attitude of our churches.
… That we would receive the Spirit of wisdom and revelation.
- Give us heavenly wisdom and eternal insight.
- Reveal the character and leadership of Jesus to us.
- May Jesus be glorified in our decisions and leadership.
… That our hearts would be enlightened by the hope of our calling.
- Speak to us about your vision for our churches and city.
- Make our hearts responsive to your voice.
- Fill us with faith and hope for the fulfillment of your promises.
… That we would experience the immeasurable greatness of your power.
- Fill our churches with profound spiritual hunger.
- Show your strength in our areas of weakness.
- Empower us to accomplish your purposes in our city.
… That you would revive us!
- Make our city a beacon of your power to heal and deliver.
- Draw your people together in unprecedented unity.
- Be exalted high above any one church or ministry.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!