Please partner with us in prayer for Arkansas by taking time to pray through this passage and apply it to the areas of need in your life and community. Feel free to print and distribute this prayer guide as needed.
For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. – Romans 8:15-16
Lord, in this National Adoption Month, let this prayer be true of us, our families, and our communities. We approach Your throne with confidence asking…
… That our churches would be free of the spirit of fear.
- Reveal to us areas where we have been ruled by fear.
- Remove condemnation and accusation from our hearts.
- Uproot every foothold of fear in our city.
… That we would receive the Spirit of adoption.
- Give us confidence in our identity as your children.
- Help us to see each other through your eyes.
- Break the prison doors of isolation in our city.
… That our church would grow as the family of God.
- Raise up spiritual fathers and mothers in our churches.
- Show us how to honor one another in greater ways.
- Bring our churches into greater unity as your spiritual family.
… That the church would meet the needs of the fatherless.
- Raise up adoptive and foster families in our churches.
- Equip us to better support our adoptive/foster families.
- May no need go unmet for displaced children in our city.
… That you would revive us!
- Make us your hands and feet in our city.
- Empower us with your spirit to care for the fatherless.
- Use us as a conduit for the healing of broken families.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!